Workshops and Training
ALL OF OUR WORKSHOPS CAN BE RUN IN-PERSON or ONLINE THROUGH ZOOM, FACEBOOK LIVE OR SIMILAR
Our workshops are never tick-a-box, same-old-same-old year after year because – boring!
Run them as stand alone, or for even better results, through ‘Operation Hide the Veggies’ as mini ‘courses’ (with a certificate at the end for attending the full course!)
We make our workshops more like a fun fire-side chat… so your young people can feel comfortable to share what’s really going on for them… and so we can help them resolve their challenges in real time. In fact we’re often surprised at just how much they want to share!
Our workshops are ‘proactively responsive’ – meaning that we are proactive in the way we tackle real-world problems and responsive in the way we manage each group… that’s because all of our coaches are master facilitators – not just people delivering ‘content’. We’ll go where others won’t…
One size DOES NOT fit all
We don’t believe in a one-size-fits-all approach, because every brain, body chemistry, entrenched behaviour pattern, past experience, belief, value, culture, family history and just about everything uniquely shapes the way we do things.
All of our coaches have spent years training in ways of understanding, un-learning and re-learning complex behaviour patterns to create useful, sustainable and resourceful new behaviours for young people.
Sample Workshop Streams
People and communication Skills
Networking for Success
- How to make friends with almost anyone
- Secret hacks to feel more confident
- How to deal with other people’s opinions and disagreements
- How to calm a tense situation
Managing Other People’s Expectations
- How other people’s beliefs can shape us
- Break out of the mould to have the life you want
Why People Do Weird Things
- Understand what drives our (and other’s) behaviour
- Learn hacks to make better decisions
Creating Healthy Relationships:
- Identify Toxic Relationships with anyone
- De-tox from the drama
Time Management Skills
Get Unstuck and Make Confident Decisions
- Beat overwhelm and stress and stay motivated
- Make decisions easily and effortlessly
Balancing Study, Work, Life & Everything
- What creates imbalance in the first place, and how to change it
- Simple ways to deal with ‘terminal seriousness’
- Overcome procrastination easily
- Overcome yuk life experiences (without having to re-live them)
Planning for Success
- Creating a compelling vision of your future
- Produce your own personal vision board
Stress Management Skills
Ace Your Exams
- What makes an exam-pion (exam champion)
- How to change up the ranting self-talk that smashes exam confidence
Rocking Life without Fear!
- How to face your fears of mucking up
- Why NOT feeling good is the way to success
Stress Less – Achieve More
- The secret formula to manage your emotions better
- How to overcome anxiety
Secrets to Success in EVERYTHING
- Learn what drives everything you do
- How we (mis)understand each other
staff and leaders training
Train your staff and youth leaders in basic human behaviour knowledge so they can create positive outcomes, make better decisions and manage more for themselves.
Through these trainings they will gain the skills to:
– create better outcomes (for everyone)
– know how to manage different types of people
– reduce the amount of situations that get escalated
– calm rather than inflame situations
Our most popular trainings are:
I.C.A.R.E – the student-focused alternative to first aid training for mental health.
“I learned how to start a conversation about mental health”
Armin, Residential Advisor – Campus Living Villages
The I.C.A.R.E Program creates a safe place to proactively learn more about human behaviour and what to do if things go wrong, reducing stigma of mental health and increasing help-seeking behaviour.
I – using ‘I’ statements
C – concern
A – awareness of change in behaviour
R – respectful conversation & resources
E – empathy & escalate
The ICARE program is perfect for students, student leaders and staff
A subject that in the past has been boring and over the heads of our young people, you treated with enthusiasm and in a non-clinical and fun approach from the angle of how people ‘tick’, being more relevant to our teams.
How to Manage Difficult Conversations covering:
– the ways most people manage difficult conversations (and why they don’t work)
– how to make it safe to have difficult conversations
– how to listen to what’s not being said
– simple alternatives (that actually work)
Why Students Do Weird Things covers:
– indepth understanding of the four main behavioural profiles, including ways to identify them
– why some people are so difficult to manage, and how to best manage them
– how different thinking and experiences impact understanding
in house or online
Ideally run in-house, workshops and training can be run online using Facebook Live (in small daily drops for workshops)
What he Said
“The feedback was that the session was great “
Wade Hurst | Residential Life Manager | UniLodge Park Central – Brisbane
easy and effortless
We do everything! including providing event posters, social media ‘square’ and ‘story’ posts.
You take the glory!
fun and engaging
No boring ‘talk at you’ here! Our workshops and trainings are fun, engaging and most of all, relevant.