BURNED OUT? STRESSED OUT? MAXED OUT?
at the PD Retreat for Student-Facing Staff
Maximum of 50 attendees | ALL INCLUSIVE
19-20 Sept | West Beach Pavilion – St Kilda West
Build your skills and RENEW your soul!
- Take a deep dive into ‘head scratching’ student behaviour
- Test drive effective personal stress management skills (that you can share with students too)
- Share best practice with your peers (what’s working well, what could be improved)
- Clear experiential learning with new take-home skills
- Personalised experience – maximum of 50 participants
- Expert presenters and guaranteed learnings from 2021 IEAA Excellence in Innovation Award facilitators
- 100 IEAA Fellowship Points awarded for all attendees
Over two full days attendees will:
- Unpack what makes students tick, including:
– their core needs,
– their secret fears and
– the four behavioural profiles (helping you to connect faster with students, create better outcomes and design events that attract new attendees – instead of the same ones all the time)
- Experience art therapy and a pamper session designed to boost emotional wellbeing
- Participate in vital ‘best practice’ discussions to teach and learn new ways of supporting students
- Get moving with scheduled ‘Netwalking’ sessions
- Feel the benefits of Confidence Hackers’ trademark 90 second dance breaks
- Much, much more!
The COME ALIVE PD Retreat is for YOU if:
- You’re a dedicated, passionate student-facing professional who’s slogged it out over the last 2+ years (often without much -or any- support).
- You’re excited to learn and understand new ways of unpacking what makes students tick (so that you can connect even more easily).
- You’re not just tired, you’re BONE TIRED, so tired that you have forgotten what rested even feels like, right?
The COME ALIVE PD Retreat is is for YOUR STAFF if:
- Your staff would benefit from learning about the most powerful new ways to understand and connect more deeply with students.
- You know your staff have gone above and beyond in the last 2+ years.
- You weren’t always there to support your team as you would have liked.
- You’d like to reward them, but also want it to be beneficial to the students (and the business)
10:45 Welcome & Student Behaviour Session – Core Needs
1:30 Netwalking – active networking
2:00 Art therapy session
3:30 Afternoon Tea break
4:00 Student Behaviour Session – Universal Fears
5:30 Check into overnight 4 star accommodation (included)
8:30 Return to hotel for Indigenous face mask and relaxation meditation session
9:00 End of Day 1
7:00 Breakfast opens
9:00 Student Behaviour Session – Behavioural Profiles
11:00 Morning Tea break
11:30 Vision Board exercise
1:00 Lunch break
2:00 Facilitated networking session
3:30 Afternoon Tea break
4:00 Netwalking – active networking
4:30 Personal wellbeing session
5:30 Final learnings, group pics & certificate
6:00 Celebration Dinner
8:00 End of Program
- Melbourne location – West Beach Pavillion – St Kilda West, right on the beach
- All inclusive including:
- Overnight 4 star accommodation
- All meals – from arrival coffee on Day 1 to farewell dinner on Day 2
- All Professional Development and personal wellbeing sessions
- Goodie/gift bag
This 2-day full Come Alive! PD Retreat program is just $1,997 p/p for the first 20 early bird registrants (then $2,197 after that) and limited to 50 spaces to make sure that the experience is nothing short of outstanding!
Confidence Hackers also donate around 5% of takings to the Lighthouse Foundation to help end youth homelessness.
Your Expert Facilitators
Anita van Rooyen – Founder and Chief Confidence Hacker
Anita founded Confidence Hackers in 2014. As the former shyest person in the universe, Anita realised she could create a long-term impact helping people understand what makes them tick in preventative, proactive and fun ways.
A human behaviour expert, Anita is a certified practitioner in Meta Dynamics, accredited in Extended DISC (advanced human behaviour studies), and a Level 3 Certified Facilitator, with more than 10,000 hours of personal and group coaching and facilitation under her belt. She is a firm believer that fun makes learning easier and more impactful.
In 2021, Anita was recognised by the IEAA for her contribution to student wellbeing as a recipient of the Excellence in Innovation Award.
Amy Milnes – Confidence Hackers Coach and Human Behaviour Expert (Perth)
An experienced career and confidence coach, Amy has dedicated years to researching human behaviour. Amy is also a qualified trainer and assessor, Mental Health First Aider, published author, Lifehack blogger and professional resume writer.
Amy’s depth of empathy and love of sharing tools, strategies and thinking upgrades in simple and powerfully transformational ways is only matched by her passion for helping people succeed in life.
Michelle Morgan – registered Art Therapist
Michelle has been a multi-modal creative, arts therapist, creative facilitator, community singing leader and spiritual care practitioner for over 20 years.
Michelle brings a trauma-informed approach to individual and group work, and deeply values spaciousness and gentleness, allowing each person’s unique process to unfold in its own time.
Michelle ran Confidence Hackers’ Creativity for Wellbeing program (funded by Study Melbourne).
Can I get a refund if I can’t attend?
Unfortunately we can’t offer refunds, but you can nominate someone else to take your place.
All meals from arrival coffee and treats on day 1 to final celebration dinner on day 2, all PD and personal wellbeing sessions and overnight 4 star accommodation.
Where is it?
The Come Alive PD Retreat session is being held at the historic West Beach Pavilion in St Kilda West, with the beach literally right outside of the venue, so have your feet ready for the sand!
I live close by. Can I just come to the day time and skip the accommodation?
Part of the experience of the Come Alive! PD Retreat is to escape ‘real life’ for a couple of days, so that means your overnight accommodation will be provided at a nearby 4 star hotel.
Is there a dress code?
Relaxed casual is the order of the day. We’ll be spending some time ‘netwalking’ on the beach, so comfy shoes that you can slip off (if you like) will be perfect. And because Melbourne – we suggest that you wear layers that you can put on or off as needed.
Is there an Early Bird price?
Yes – the first 20 tickets are discounted to $1997. After that the price is $2197, so get in quick to secure the discount!
I have a special dietary requirement, can you still feed me?
Short answer – YES. Make sure that you let us know on the booking form of any dietary requirements.
Do I have to stay for the whole program? Can I just do one of the days?
The program is designed as a full two-day event, so if you leave early, or come late you’ll be missing out on true awesomeness.
Do I achieve a qualification for attending?
All participants that attend the full program will receive a certificate of participation, along with a ‘swag bag’ of rad-ness.
The IEAA have also agreed to award 100 Fellowship points for attendees.
What if it sucks?
We’re positive that it won’t suck, but if you come, attend the whole program and leave feeling that you’ve gained absolutely nothing from the Come Alive! PD Retreat, then ask us for a refund.
Who is running this?
Confidence Hackers are the 2021 Excellence in Innovation award winners for our preventative and proactive mental health programs and events. Since the start of lockdowns, we’ve supported more than 8,000 students and staff with fun, engaging and impactful programs.