BURNED OUT? STRESSED OUT? MAXED OUT?
at the PD Retreat for Student-Facing Staff
Maximum of 50 attendees | ALL INCLUSIVE
Sept 2023 | West Beach Pavilion – St Kilda West
Build your skills and RENEW your soul!
- Take a deep dive into ‘head scratching’ student behaviour
- Test drive effective personal stress management skills (that you can share with students too)
- Share best practice with your peers (what’s working well, what could be improved)
- Clear experiential learning with new take-home skills
- Personalised experience – maximum of 50 participants
- Expert presenters and guaranteed learnings from 2021 IEAA Excellence in Innovation Award facilitators
The COME ALIVE PD Retreat is for YOU if:
- You’re a dedicated, passionate student-facing professional who’s slogged it out (often without much -or any- support).
- You’re excited to learn and understand new ways of unpacking what makes students tick (so that you can connect even more easily).
- You’re not just tired, you’re BONE TIRED, so tired that you have forgotten what rested even feels like, right?
The COME ALIVE PD Retreat is is for YOUR STAFF if:
- Your staff would benefit from learning about the most powerful new ways to understand and connect more deeply with students.
- You know your staff have gone above and beyond in the last 2+ years.
- You weren’t always there to support your team as you would have liked.
- You’d like to reward them, but also want it to be beneficial to the students (and the business)
Your Expert Facilitators
Anita van Rooyen – Founder and Chief Confidence Hacker
Anita founded Confidence Hackers in 2014. As the former shyest person in the universe, Anita realised she could create a long-term impact helping people understand what makes them tick in preventative, proactive and fun ways.
A human behaviour expert, Anita is a certified practitioner in Meta Dynamics, accredited in Extended DISC (advanced human behaviour studies), and a Level 3 Certified Facilitator, with more than 10,000 hours of personal and group coaching and facilitation under her belt. She is a firm believer that fun makes learning easier and more impactful.
In 2021, Anita was recognised by the IEAA for her contribution to student wellbeing as a recipient of the Excellence in Innovation Award.
Amy Milnes – Confidence Hackers Coach and Human Behaviour Expert (Perth)
An experienced career and confidence coach, Amy has dedicated years to researching human behaviour. Amy is also a qualified trainer and assessor, Mental Health First Aider, published author, Lifehack blogger and professional resume writer.
Amy’s depth of empathy and love of sharing tools, strategies and thinking upgrades in simple and powerfully transformational ways is only matched by her passion for helping people succeed in life.
Can I get a refund if I can’t attend?
Unfortunately we can’t offer refunds, but you can nominate someone else to take your place.
Where is it?
The Come Alive PD Retreat session is being held at the historic West Beach Pavilion in St Kilda West, with the beach literally right outside of the venue, so have your feet ready for the sand!
Is there a dress code?
Relaxed casual is the order of the day. We’ll be spending some time ‘netwalking’ on the beach, so comfy shoes that you can slip off (if you like) will be perfect. And because Melbourne – we suggest that you wear layers that you can put on or off as needed.
I have a special dietary requirement, can you still feed me?
Short answer – YES. Make sure that you let us know on the booking form of any dietary requirements.
What if it sucks?
We’re positive that it won’t suck, but if you come, attend the whole program and leave feeling that you’ve gained absolutely nothing from the Come Alive! PD Retreat, then ask us for a refund.
Who is running this?
Confidence Hackers are the 2021 Excellence in Innovation award winners & 2022 Study Melbourne International Education Award – Excellence in International Student Experience finalists for our preventative and proactive mental health programs and events. Since the start of lockdowns, we’ve supported more than 8,000 students and staff with fun, engaging and impactful programs.